KXIP vs KKR Live Score

A mother has issued a warning after her daughter fatally died when she reportedly kissed a new boyfriend who was unaware she was severely allergic to peanuts.

Canadian woman Myriam Ducré-Lemay, 20, had been at a party in Montreal with her new boyfriend in October 2012.

Myriam's boyfriend chose to eat a peanut butter sandwich for a late-night snack before going back to his room to give her a kiss.

She had not told her new boyfriend about her allergy, and after he returned from his late night snack, the fateful smooch ended up being fatal.

Her condition rapidly deteriorated. Paramedics arrived within eight minutes but they could revive the girl, who died from a severe cerebral anoxia, where the brain is deprived of oxygen.

Myriam’s said: "This is why you have to carry your epipen, even though you don't want to and even though it's not cool. She normally had her EpiPen".

She said that teens and young adults ages 15-30 are most at risk for anaphylactic shock because they're likely to take more risks. "Everyone knew her situation", Micheline grieved.

She warned others to carry a Medic Alert bracelet, which can indicate to others that the wearer has allergies, as well as an EpiPen.

The coroner's report also stated that Myriam believed her allergies had lessened over time. According to Dr. Christine McCusker, head of pediatric allergy and immunology at Montreal Children's Hospital, traces of allergens can stay in a person's saliva for up to 4 hours, and those at risk should make sure they inform people about their life-threatening allergy.

 

 


COMMENTS