KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Police investigating the disappearance of British girl Madeleine McCann have been granted $137,000 and a six-month extension after identifying a new person of interest in the case. The investigation in Britain seems to be grinding to a halt and they want to rule him out of the case if not rule him in.

The funding reignites Operation Grange, launched in May 2011 after the girl went missing in Praia da Luz, Portugal, according to the International Business Times. He may not be a suspect, but could have known people involved following a suspected burglary that went wrong.

The man is understood to have given a witness statement two days after Madeleine, from Rothley in Leicestershire, vanished.

Another source reportedly said: "There is just one person detectives want to speak to who was near to the area Madeleine disappeared from 10 years ago".

The search for Madeleine will continue between April and September this year, authorities said.

A series of suspects have been questioned, but there have been no solid clues.

The news of the potential lead in the decade-long investigation comes after her parents were given an £85,000 ($150,000) cash boost to aid their search.

In spite of reports claiming that the daughter of Gerry and Kate McCann had been seen in the likes of Morocco, Spain and Belgium, the girl's whereabouts are still unknown.

Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry McCann have worked tirelessly since her disappearance to try to find her, pouring their life's savings into the investigation.

Additional funding from the Home Office means the search will continue beyond the 10th anniversary of McCann's disappearance on May 3, 2007.

It is nearly a decade since Madeleine McCann went missing while on holiday with her family in Portugal.


COMMENTS