KXIP vs KKR Live Score

At the very least, Seattle should hold off petitioning for a finding that "the Police Department is in full compliance" with the court order.

Charleena Lyles, 30, was killed during a police shooting at her Seattle apartment.

An audio recording released by police reveals that they calmly took her information until about two minutes into the encounter, when they said she suddenly confronted them with two knives. She had been arrested and charged with obstruction of a public officer and harassment of a law enforcement officer on June 5.

'If worst comes to worst, you could have used a Taser instead of a gun for someone that has three kids inside the house, ' her brother, Domico Jones told KOMO.

A video showing Seattle police Officer Sean Whitcomb talking about the fatal police shooting of Charleena Lyles - while he was playing a video game - has been removed from the department's Twitch and YouTube accounts. Some questioned why non-lethal options weren't used in the case. Like all Seattle officers, both had crisis intervention training, and McNew had volunteered for additional training to become a certified crisis intervention specialist. If they had time to discuss that, they weren't in immediate danger, Bible insisted.

'I don't know at what point she changed her focus from, from me to Steve, um, but as she started turning the corner to go after Steve, that's when I, um, that's when I shot'.

'She hit the floor, ' McNew said.

The officers responded to the apartment on June 18 after Lyles reported a burglary.

But a confrontation erupted.

Seattle Police Chief Kathleen O'Toole also told the Seattle Times that neither officers had a Taser. "How close am I and how close do I need to be?"

A previous version of this story incorrectly said no one had left or entered the apartment in the hours before the shooting. "Just because someone has interaction with the criminal justice system one day doesn't mean they're deprived of service the next day".

On Sunday, shortly before 9 a.m., Lyles called 911 to report a break-in and told the operator that her door was open and that "there's stuff missing", from her home.

McNew picked up the child, and a third officer who arrived began giving first aid to Lyles.

"There will be a thorough investigation", Whitcomb said.