But Carla Rosso got all up in one's grill after mistaking it for a dog toy in her Calabasas home.
Carla Portocarerro Rosso was calling it a night after a relaxing evening in her hot tub last Wednesday.
Carla had picked up a rattlesnake.
Carla, dressed in a robe and flip-flops, was on her way inside when her husband asked her to bring the dog.
Her husband Ariel Rosso made a decision to post Wednesday night's hilarious encounter, which was captured by home surveillance cameras, on YouTube. She bent down and grasped the long, thin object. She panics when she realizes it isn't a toy, dropping the rattlesnake immediately and running away with her dog right behind her. "And for some reason I thought it was still on me". It makes no sense - who picks up a snake?'
Los Angeles County firefighters came out and killed the snake. They warned her that baby rattlers are even more unsafe than adults because they can't control their venom.
Ariel said is was mighty confused in the immediate aftermath.
"Check it off my bucket list".