Sirens were sounded in the southern Israeli city of Ashkelon Tuesday evening in response to a rocket launched from Gaza.
Earlier on Tuesday night, Israeli media said that a rocket was sacked from the Gaza Strip.
According to Palestinian news agency Maan, the Israeli reaction injured four people, including one who is in serious condition.
On Tuesday, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) said a projectile launched from Gaza Strip hit an open area in the Ashkelon region of Israel, causing no injuries.
Head of the Emergency department, Ayman al-Sahbani, said that Shifa Hospital received three injuries, two of them were light injuries, and one, 26-year-old was hit with a shrapnel in the head.
Israel controls most access into and out of the Gaza Strip and has imposed a blockade on the Palestinian enclave for a decade.
Israeli military spokesperson Avichay Adraee said an Israeli soldier was wounded with friendly fire during the raid. Although no group has claimed responsibility for the rocket attack, Israel holds Hamas responsible for any rockets being fired from Gaza.
The Israeli side usually blames the Palestinian Hamas movement, which rules the Gaza Strip, for the attacks carried out from the territory of the Gaza Strip.