Of course if you are not doing the right things on the court, of course you need to be in some way affected, no?" added the Spaniard."But at the same time is true that things can be made to happen earlier because I believe that he played two doubles matches.
Photo Fabio Fognini in his first-round singles loss at the United States Open on Wednesday. By rule, he could get fined up to $250K and permanently banned from playing Grand Slam events, though that's the very maximum penalty.
The 30-year-old had already received three separate fines totalling $24,000 but he has now been provisionally suspended from the tournament pending a final ruling over whether he committed a major offense.
Fognini was cited for three code violations and handed fines of $15,000, $5,000 and $4,000. The chair umpire was Louise Engzell.
"When someone makes a mistake, they apologize. If they want to suspend him, will be much better to do it immediately", Nadal said.
"I take my responsibilities". I know the thing is still fresh and I could have other sanctions, but I'm ready to pay.
The board said the major offenses were under the sections of Article IV, dealing with "aggravated behavior" and "conduct contrary to the integrity of the game".
Australian tennis toiler John-Patrick Smith is set to profit from Fabio Fognini's sensational disqualification from the US Open in NY.
The board said there would be no further comment until the process is completed.
Fognini, known as a volatile player, was fined $US27,500 by Wimbledon in 2014 for his outbursts during a first-round victory.