Saudi Arabia has made an about-face suspending talks with Qatar hours after leaders of the two countries spoke directly for the first time since the start of the crisis, accusing Qatar of "distorting facts" about the conversation.
Qatar News Agency's (QNA) reported that during the phone call both sides "stressed the need to resolve the crisis by sitting down to the dialogue table to ensure the unity and stability" of (Persian) Gulf Cooperation Council countries.
The statement, released by Saudi Press Agency, was a response to the statement made by Kuwaiti Emir Shaikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al Sabah in Washington, which claimed that Qatar had accepted the demands and was negotiating them, and Kuwaiti mediation has helped prevent military options.
He also discussed the continued threat Iran poses to regional stability, according to the White House.
A high ranking official at the Saudi Foreign Affairs Ministry said in a statement that the Qatari official news agency has distorted the content of the phone call that took place between both Tamim and Ben Salman.
The Crown Prince welcomed the desire of Sheikh Tamim.
Qatar "must respond to these requests in order to open a new page", Jubeir said.
Meanwhile, the Anti-Terror Quartet (ATQ), comprising Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt and the UAE, maintained a tough line.
When he offered to mediate, Trump said he believed the dispute could be solved "fairly easily".
"What I want is I want - stop the funding of terrorism", Trump said. The tiny, gas-rich emirate has denied the accusation.
The Ambassador Ahmed bin Saeed Al Rumaihi expressed appreciation of the Emir, the government, and the people of Qatar for the mediation efforts of the Emir of Kuwait in order to resolve the crisis.
Last month Qatari and USA paratroopers held a joint training exercise which American officials said reinforced "the enduring military-to-military" partnership between the two countries.
At Sunday's press conference in Jeddah, al-Jubeir said Riyadh's position vis-à-vis Qatar "will remain the same until Doha meets our demands". Qatar has vehemently rejected the allegations as "baseless". But Qatar is home to a huge USA air base, where the headquarters of Centcom - the regional command which leads operations against the Islamic State jihadist group - is based.