The Saudi-led coalition imposed the blockade on Yemen in response to a missile assault targeting the Saudi capital of Riyadh.
The Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen said Wednesday it would reopen a key Red Sea port and Sanaa airport to aid, after a more than two-week blockade following a missile attack on Riyadh.
It added the decision would take effect from November 23, Reuters reported.
Hodeida, which is controlled by Houthi rebels backed by Saudi Arabia's arch-rival Iran, is a key conduit for much-needed food and medicine imports to Yemen.
The statement said reopening the Hodeida Port and Sana'a Airport to enable the flow of commercial supplies is imperative to the survival of millions of Yemeni people, and called on Ansar Allah authorities in Yemen's north to facilitate unhindered access to people in need.
"We are monitoring these developments and we are trying to see whether that actually takes place on the ground", United Nations spokesman Farhan Haq told reporters in NY.
Aid group Save the Children welcomed the coalition's announcement but said opening the port and airport would be "nowhere near enough to avert a potential starvation in Yemen". "Of course, if that were to happen that would be a very welcome and critically important development".
But the leading United Nations aid official for Yemen, Jamie McGoldrick, has told the ABC that no UN flights had been allowed to land in the Yemeni capital Sanaa on Thursday and no aid ships permitted to dock at Hodeidah port. The missile was shot down, but it was the farthest a projectile fired by Yemen's Shiite rebels, also known as the Houthis, had travelled into the kingdom.
The UN warned that millions of people in Yemen were at immediate risk by the blockade on food aid and fuel. Both the USA and Saudi Arabia say the Houthis got the missile from Iran.
Wednesday's announcement says the Sanaa airport and the port of Hodeida will reopen, starting from Thursday. "All sea and air ports must be fully reopened immediately to both humanitarian and commercial access to save millions of innocent Yemeni people".
The IRC condemned the global community, saying its silence "is a disgrace and is enabling what could be collective punishment".