KXIP vs KKR Live Score

New York City police say a man named Akayed Ullah strapped a pipe bomb to his body and set off the crude device in the subway near Times Square on Monday, injuring the suspect and three other people at the height of the morning rush hour.

An explosion Monday morning at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan is, in the words of Police Commissioner James O'Neill, a "terror-related incident".

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio's office says that he has been briefed about the incident, adding, "The NYPD, FDNY and first responders are on the scene".

Akayed Ullah is from the Bangladeshi city of Chittagong and is a United States resident, said the country's police chief.

The device was described as crudely made, though the suspect appeared to have some background in electrical work. The suspect was also injured and was taken into custody.

The suspect was identified as Akayed Ullah, a 27-year-old Bangladeshi national who was living in Brooklyn. "The reality turns out to be better than the initial expectation and fear", said New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo.

The A, C and E subway lines were being evacuated, Sgt. Brendan Ryan told HuffPost.

The Port Authority Bus Terminal was built in 1950 and expanded in 1979.

"The PA system was still blaring Christmas carols", Sherlock said.

He was "all over the place" on the question of motive, but indicated he wanted to avenge USA aggression against the Islamic State, one official said.

Bethea said she called co-workers to make sure they weren't harmed and let friends and relatives know she was OK.

"New York City is too much for me".

It was the deadliest terror attack in New York City since the September 11, 2001 attack on the World Trade Center.

"I heard boom and saw smoke and we all started running up the steps", Bethea said.

NY authorities are calling an explosion at a bus station near Times Square an "attempted terrorist attack". Three others who were in the vicinity when the bomb detonated were hospitalized with minor injuries.

The incident occurred less than two months after an Uzbek immigrant killed eight people by speeding a rental truck down a New York City bike path, in an attack for which ISIS claimed responsibility.