A Saudi-led coalition has been at war with Iranian-allied Houthi rebels in Yemen since March 2015.
A new wave of cholera is expected in March or April.
The cholera figure is nearly certainly exaggerated, but that does not diminish the scale and complexity of the humanitarian crisis, said Mr Marc Poncin, Yemen emergency coordinator for aid agency Médecins Sans Frontières.
More than 7 million Yemenis remain at risk of acute starvation in what has become the world's largest food security emergency.
"It's probably unavoidable. We need to be ready to face another big epidemic", said Mr Poncin, adding that cholera may become a long-term burden as it has in Haiti.
Marc Poncin, the emergency coordinator for Doctors Without Borders (MSF) in Yemen , told AFP that cholera mortality rates had been on a downtrend in recent months but that the disease was far from vanquished.
The humanitarian crisis in war-torn Yemen rages on as the year comes to a close and the problem with infectious disease outbreaks continue in lock-step as part of the crisis.
More than two years later, the war rages on with no end in sight.
More than 80% of Yemenis lack food, fuel, water and access to healthcare.
Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano said Manila hopes for a solution in the Yemen conflict, noting that the Philippine government is "strongly concerned" over the attacks against Riyadh.
Yemen has been under air and ground attack by Saudi Arabia and its allies since March 2015, a conflict that has so far killed more than 10,000 people, more than half of them are civilians, according to global aid agencies.
"Keen to maintain humanitarian aid to the brotherly Yemeni people and as a result of intensified inspection measures, the coalition command announces that Hodeidah port will remain open for humanitarian and relief supplies", the coalition said in a statement carried by Saudi state news agency SPA on Wednesday.
Aid delivered through the ports of Hodeidah and Salif is also being misappropriated by the Houthi militias, the Coalition said on Saturday.
The Saudi-led military coalition has intensified military air campaign against Houthi positions in and around Houthis-held capital Sanaa and other northern provinces since Houthis killed former President Ali Abdullah Saleh on December 4.