KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Sandhya Rani, who was set on fire by her ex-colleague who had been stalking her, succumbed to her injuries on Friday at Gandhi Hospital. She was rescued by the bystanders who immediately tried to douse the fire but by then, the victim had already suffered 60 per cent burns.

Karthik chose to take revenge by murdering her.

Mourners at funeral proceeding demanded maximum punishment for Karthik. "We have recovered his bike and an empty petrol bottle from him and also secured CCTV footage", the DCP said.

Assuring justice, Telangana Minister T. Srinivas Yadav has announced a two-bedroom house in the State's housing project along with monetary help as ex-gratia for the victim's kin.

A calm neighbourhood in Lalapet was violently shaken by the shrieks of Rani being burnt alive on Thursday evening, for rejecting the advances of Karthik. They spoke for about 10 minutes.

"We attempted to douse the flames with blankets, mud and called for an ambulance". After she reached the spot, the man poured kerosene on her and set her on fire before fleeing the spot.

"He was employed at the workshop more than a year-and-a- half ago".

According to government figures, there are hundreds of attacks against women involving acid each year in India - campaigners say they are often targeted by jealous partners or stalkers. The accused is unemployed.

The attacker, Karthik, had known her for over a year and claimed to be in love with her, said sources. "He had been harassing her, pressing her to marry him and quit her job", DCP Sumathi told NDTV. "She gave me the mobile he gifted her and told me about her plight, following which we warned him not to bother her", Reddy told the police. "I counselled him to prove himself before he proposed marriage", Reddy said.

While Sandhya Rani on her way home from work was accosted by Karthik - a former colleague who stalked her for more than six months.

December 1, 2017: A 31-year-old married woman died after suffering burns when three persons threw acid on her face in Warangal.

Speaking to PTI, Secunderabad, Deputy Commissioner of Police (north zone) B Sumathi said, "She passed away this morning".