KXIP vs KKR Live Score

The fire caused moderate damage and no one was injured, Battalion Chief Rob Pitt confirmed, according to AJC.com.

Incredibly, it's not the first time someone has set fire to their home while attempting to kill a spider.

No injuries were reported from the blaze.

Lyndsey Wisegarver told AJC.com, one of the residents was trying to kill the spider in an upstairs bedroom.

The man took a torch lighter and tried to kill the spider by setting it on fire.

They caught the bedding on fire, which spread to the walls of the apartment.

Instead of burning the large wolf spider, he ended up burning the apartment.

Firefighters from the Redding Fire Department rushed to the scene, arriving to find smoke streaming out of the second floor of the building.

The residents unsuccessfully tried to quench the blaze using a garden hose but, before long, a fire was raging in the room.

The fire caused about $11,000 in damage.

Wisegarver said they had already been considering moving out but this incident had just sped things up a bit.

Pitt said the fire spread to a closet in the bedroom, but firefighters were able to keep it from getting into the attic or neighboring apartments.

"We'll make it work", she added.

Wolf spiders are not poisonous, and although they are typically non-aggressive, they will bite if they feel provoked.


COMMENTS