KXIP vs KKR Live Score

External affairs ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar, at a media briefing here on March 15, said that the Indian High Commission in Pakistan was facing "a litany of issues" which have not been resolved for several months despite raising these "in good faith through diplomatic channels and not through media".

The countries sought to end the diplomatic matter on the line of the 1992 "Code of Conduct for the treatment of diplomatic/consular personnel in India and Pakistan".

Pakistan's Foreign Ministry says Pakistan and the United States have reiterated their "firm commitments" to act against all militant groups that target Pakistan and Afghanistan.

In this agreement, both countries had decided, among other steps, not to carry out intrusive and aggressive surveillance of the diplomats like chasing their cars or harassing with petty escalations.

The litany of complaints raised by Indian diplomats included aggressive surveillance, violation of physical space and tailing of officers in close and unsafe proximity, Kumar added. Interestingly, the announcement comes even as Indian high commissioner to Pakistan Ajay Bisaria assured businessmen at the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry that he would try to maximise visas issued for trade.

Earlier on March 19, two separate incidents of intimidation of four High Commission officials were reported by the sources.

The protracted spat between India and Pakistan over harassment of respective diplomatic staff ended on Friday.

Pakistan too had complained that its High Commission staff in New Delhi and their families, including children, were being regularly harassed by unknown individuals on the streets of the national capital.

The diplomatic standoff also led to Pakistan pulling out of the World Trade Organisation Summit that was held in New Delhi from 19-20 March. India claimed that the Indian diplomats in Islamabad are not allowed to work. The Indian government sources had also said Pakistani security agencies were resorting to "aggressive surveillance, violation of physical space and tailing of officers in close and risky proximity". Sources had said "India's residential complex in Islamabad was raided by Pakistan agencies who expelled all Pakistani service providers and later disconnected power and water supply" and that "despite the (Pakistani) foreign secretary's assurance, the power supply was not restored for over two weeks".