KXIP vs KKR Live Score

"It was sad news", Chiang Rai deputy governor Passakorn Boonyaluck told reporters, adding "his job was to deliver oxygen (in the cave)".

The worldwide rescue team prepares to enter the cave where a young football team and their coach are trapped by flood waters Thursday, July 5, 2018, in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai province, in northern Thailand.

An American expat and diving instructor working with the navy rescuers said that helicopters were exploring the outside of the cave for areas where rescuers might be able to drill through rock and lift the boys out.

Fresh details of the operation underway at the Tham Luang Nang Non to free the team were emerging on Thursday, as rescuers pushed ahead with multiple plans to extricate the group trapped underground for nearly two weeks.

As Courtley noted, another option rescue workers have considered is bringing in industrial pumps to draw water out of the cave. For a moment, he thought he and his team would be called to assist the efforts in Thailand.

He said he hopes that those concerned "proceed in great care, assuredness and wisdom, guided by an unwavering faith so that this rescue effort may fully achieve the ultimate success as all of you have wished". "We can not calculate how much the water flows out of the cave because there is always water flowing into the cave".

TRT World 's Regan Des Vignes reports.

Rescuers have said they will not risk the boys' safety in an attempted rescue.

Family members celebrate while camping out near Tham Luang cave following news all members of children's football team and their coach were alive in the cave.

"Cave diving is incredibly risky for people who are very experienced doing it".

Some of the boys can not swim.

A video released by the Seals yesterday shows two rescuers on an elevated part of the cave beside the boys wrapped in emergency foil blankets.

The boys and their coach are being tended to around the clock by a team of Thai navy divers and a doctor.

They have enlisted the help of bird's nest collectors from southern Thailand attuned to finding hidden holes on forested cliffsides.

Others say the boys could be out in days if the weather is on their side and enough water can be pumped out of the cave to enable the boys to get out the same way they got in, on foot, perhaps with some swimming.

They were discovered by the Seals and two British cave diving experts on Monday, having been missing since June 23.

"I am concerned as the forecast said is for more rain".

The third chamber of the cave, which is about two kilometres from the entrance, is now operating as the forward command of the rescue operations.

This is the safest and most straightforward option, but could take a long time - possibly months. One of the boys' mother reported them missing after her son didn't return home after practice.

Experts say the risks of panic, drowning or an accident are high for young, scared and physically drained divers trying to negotiate the tight, winding passages.

But the boys have now told rescue teams, including expert diver Claus Rasmussen, that during their nine days trapped in the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in northern Chiang Rai, they have heard dogs barking, roosters crowing and children playing.

Several Navy SEAL divers have deployed along with medics, while the challenging process of evacuating the "Wild Boar" team begins.

He said it was awkward, but possible, to teach them minimal skills.

"They are chit-chatting in general".

Tham Chanthawong, the aunt of the 25-year old coach Ekapol Chanthawong, said that prior to becoming a football coach, her nephew spent a decade as a saffron-robed Buddhist monk. She believes that Ekapol has helped the boys stay calm.