KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Stokes is standing trial at Bristol Crown Court accused of knocking out two other men outside a nightclub in the southwest English city in September past year.

Mark Spure, an off-duty police community support officer for Avon and Somerset Police, described Stokes as the "main aggressor". According to the prosecution, Stokes informed police that he had overheard "nasty homophobic language" before intervening and claimed that he thought they were going to hit him with a bottle, forcing him to act in self-defence.

Footage from her body camera, played to the jury, showed she said to Stokes: "A guy over there was covered in blood and I've been told you punched him".

In his first statement to police, Stokes described how he and England teammate Alex Hales were heading to a casino when they saw "two guys who were obviously gay" being spoken to by "two much larger men". "I walked into the road to try to separate the group and get in between them", Mr. Spure told the jury.

A few minutes later, Stokes knocked out Mr Ali, 28 and Mr Hale, 27.

Police constable Stacey Alway, who arrested Stokes at the scene, said he was calm and compliant when she dealt with him.

Ben Stokes pictured outside Bristol Crown Court. "Mr Barry grabs Mr Ali around the groin area".

"He had a conversation with his friend and he said "300 get us in" and I still told them no". I assume that he (like me) feared for our safety having witnessed the events moments earlier.

"I didn't feel I had an option".

"I was anxious it might be two on to one and I knew one had had a bottle", Stokes told police.

Hale cycled to hospital, where he was found to have bruising and a 1.5in superficial laceration to his forehead consistent with blunt trauma. When asked simply to stop using the homophobic abuse he was giving to Kai and William.

"I did not know Ryan Hale or Ryan Ali and I was forced to make a decision as to how far they would be prepared to go and what they might do if they got the upper hand".

Stokes is facing a charge of affray over a violent incident, which took place in the early hours of September 25 outside a club in Bristol.

"As I was on my own, when I separated two of them more people carried on behind me".