However, prosecutors could not take the case forward because any alleged sex crime involving an adult that occurred in that year would fall outside of California's statute of limitations, the Los Angeles County District Attorney said.
Last month Anthony Anderson's sexual assault case was handed over to the LAPD after a woman said the Black-ish actor sexually assaulted her when she was catering an event he threw.
The case remains under review, prosecutors said.
The District Attorney's office also said it would not charge actor Steven Seagal and television comedy star Anthony Anderson over two other sexual assault accusations.
Put in the hands of the top prosecutors back in August 22, the second sexual assault investigation involving Oscar victor Spacey is still under review by the L.A. D.A, sources confirm to Deadline.
According to the district attorney's office, the victim was not a minor at the time of the alleged crime. As the individual was an adult at the time, the statute of limitations has expired on the case and it can not be taken before a jury. Both have been accused in other alleged assault cases now under review by the task force established by District Attorney Jackie Lacey previous year to assess the wave of sexual harassment-related police reports filed in the wake of the #MeToo movement.
Spacey, 58, is the former artistic director of the Old Vic theatre in London and is the subject of multiple police investigations in MA and England.
The LA County DA's office, which announced a new sexual assault task force in 2017, reportedly has "one more case to review involving Seagal" as well as another involving Spacey.
He was dropped previous year from the Netflix television series House of Cards and erased from the film All the Money in the World.